Refuse & Recycling
Household Waste Collection
The Village of Ansonia has an exclusive contract with Rumpke Waste Systems to collect and dispose of residential trash.
Why we entered into this contract
- To insure a reasonable price for this service.
- To insure good service for the residents of the Village.
- To have consistency in when trash is collected. With only one authorized waste hauler there will not be trash setting out all over town on different days because of schedules of other haulers.
All residents in the Village must use Rumpke as their waste hauler.
Trash is collected on Tuesday morning for all residences of Ansonia. Trash should be set out at the street no more than 24 hours prior to collection.
The service provided by Rumpke is for unlimited pickup. There are, however, several exceptions to the items that Rumpke will collect for disposal.
Rumpke unacceptable items
- No 55 – 65 gallon drums.
- No rolled fence.
- No Liquids (oil, gas, paint, etc.)
- No asbestos.
- No propane tanks.
- No tires.
- Yard waste must be in small amounts tied and bundled in 4-foot lengths or in a 30-gallon metal can.
- Carpeting must be cut into no more than 4-foot lengths.
- Most other items will be accepted as long as the item can be easily handled by one person.
- Appliances will be accepted. Appliances with refrigerant must have the refrigerant removed and be tagged with certification the refrigerant was properly removed and disposed of.
Residents will receive a quarterly billing from Rumpke. The trash rate, effective from April 1, 2022, to March 31, 2023, is $51.03 per quarter, April 1. 2023 to March 31, 2024, is $52.56 per quarter, April1, 2024 to March31, 2025 will be $ 54.12 per quarter. Effective with the 2009-2010 contract, there was a fuel charge and a State of Ohio disposal fee added to the bill. To receive the senior discount contact Rumpke at the number listed below and arrange for the special rate. Optional trash carts will be provided by Rumpke upon request at the rate of $3.00 each per month.
For service questions or problems, you may call Rumpke at 800.828.8171 Ext. 3701.