Zoning Board of Appeals & Property Maintenance Board
The Zoning Board of Appeals has the following specific responsibilities:
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision, interpretation or determination made by the Zoning Inspector.
- Authorize such variances from the terms of the Zoning Code (Ordinance No. 13-2001) as will not be contrary to the public interest, where, owing to the special conditions, a literal enforcement of the Zoning Code will result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of the Zoning Code will be observed and substantial justice done.
The Zoning Board of Appeals consists of five members:
- The Mayor, who serves as Chairman
- One member of the Village Council, appointed by the Mayor
- Three Village residents, also appointed by the Mayor
Except for the Mayor, all board members are appointed to a four year term. There is no limit on the number of terms that a member may serve.
The Board meets when ever there is business to conduct, usually at the call of the Zoning Inspector or the Mayor. All meetings are open to the public.
|Ted Adkins||Mayor||2023||Email Ted|
|Christa Everman||Board Member||2025|
|Gary Middleton||Board Member||2025|
|Goethe Rodeheffer||Board Member||2023|
|Darrin Shook||Board Member||2022|